On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Steffen Barszus <st_bars...@gmx.de> wrote:
> the content therein is pretty vdr specific. So the suggested (and
> sensible) recommendations are in fact not that obvious. This also shows
> that there is a solution/recommendation to create some .do_not_touch
> files in possible empty directories required by plugins to make them
> not-empty this way, to ensure vdr to startup with these plugins
> (dvdswitch, burn, etc)

The most sensible thing to me would be to ask the authors of those
plugins to make the directories it uses user-defined instead of
hardcoding VDR's recording directory, or change them in the source.
It seems backwards to change VDR's core behavior because of poor
plugin design.  That's just my 2 cents, maybe I've missed something
though.

Cheers,
Derek