Thomas Hilber wrote:

<snip>

> The 1440x576i is driven at doubled dot clock. So it effectively represents
> a regular 720x576i PAL timing too. The reason for 1440x576i is: the FRC
> gains doubled horizontal timing resolution. As a result variable frame
> rate can be controlled in finer (twice as much) increments.

Do standard CRTs handle this increased resolution/clock? I've never tried
driving this signal into my TV.

In fact I use the cable from here
<http://members.optusnet.com.au/eviltim/scart.htm> with the cut off
circuit so I'd actually have to build a new cable to use this resolution.

Not that that's particularly difficult but do you gain any advantage using
the higher resolution on the Intel cards vs standard 576i with ATI. If not
then I'll probably just save the hassle and buy an ATI card of eBay
instead.

--
Dave Cunningham                                  PGP KEY ID: 0xA78636DC