Someone once said they didn't see a need for more then 640k of ram too :)

May not need 30+ symbols, but to keep to symbols that somewhat match what they are for would call for reuse of some letters.

On 3/4/2010 2:30 AM, Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:
On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Timothy D. Lenz wrote:

If it's going to be limited to 1 letter, v does seem right for
"video", i for iptv would be good. I think ATSC uses ether c or t. Not
sure. But if I understand what is happening here, might be a good idea
to go to a 2 or 3 letter ID right now so things don't have to be
patched latter.

IPTV will be using 'I' - at least my initial implementation does. Anyway
I cannot imagine a situation that there ever will be more input plugins
than there are available visible characters (26 [A-Z] + 26 [a-z] + 10

BR,
--
rofa