Am 17.12.2010 22:58, schrieb Pasi Juppo:
> That said and with no disrespect to the author of vdr in my opinion it
> starts to be a time to fork vdr and redefine its base + few other
> elements.
>
> Of course things can remain the same but will we ever see natively
> implemented in vdr:
> -_proper_ implementation of server-client solution (centralized records,
> epg etc. without "hacks")
> -good looking high res OSD
> -good integration to XBMC or similar
> -fully redefinable menu system
> -channel specific configurability (epg...)
> -native ATSC support
> -several of the big patches integrated (long list) and configurable
> -etc.etc.

If you want to go that way, you should start from scratch, as your
feature list requires rewrite of most of VDR anyway. Client-server
multihead for example requires to dump the whole OSD, menu, plugin and
skin system.

And don't expect this to be easy: Even if you have several good coders
with lots of spare time, things will take months to years to finish.

Good luck, I'll stay on VDR until then.

Cheers,

Udo