On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 9:18 AM, John Klimek <jkli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the best way to tune to that transponder?  Using SVDRP?
>
> (ie. I'm new to VDR but would I issue a CHAN command, then wait 10
> minutes (or whatever), then issue another CHAN command?)

Yeah, svdrp, sorry forgot to mention that.  You can issue CHAN without
a channel number to obtain the current channel.  An example could be
something like:
==========
#!/bin/bash

eepg_chan=<whatever>
prev_chan=$(svdrpsend.pl chan |sed -n 2p |awk '{print $2}')

svdrpsend.pl CHAN $eepg_chan
svdrpsend.pl SCAN
sleep 10m
svdrpsend.pl CHAN $prev_chan

> Could I disable automatic EPG grabbing and manually tell it to grab
> EPG in my script?  (using SVDRP?)

The SCAN svdrp command forces a scan, but I don't know how disabling
EPG grabbing in VDR setup would affect that.  I would expect the
behavior of a _forced_ scan to scan regardless of any settings since
the point is to force it.