> What I would like to know: with the new S2-6400 card does VDR works as
> rock solid as worked with FF DVB-S cards?
> This means for me:
> - OSD and remote are working instanly
> - even if I'm watching a HD playback, fast forward (and backward) works
> as expected
> - output device does not crash
> - I can leave the whole system to work for weeks and to be operated by
> my family, and it always will work as expected (as a VDR + FF DVB-S
> combo does)

Well, it might be a little early to answer these questions thoroughly
since the very first cards reached the end-users yesterday, but the
first comments sound quite promising. According to this post[1] by
"spitzb", the card seems to work quite well. Here's a brief translation:

"There are no artifacts while zapping around. The picture turns black,
returns and that's it. On 1080i channels there is sometimes a still
picture for 0.5 seconds, but afterwards the picture gets fine again
immediately.
Zapping intervals are around 1-2s from HD to HD and below 1s from HD/SD
to SD channels.
Moving fast forward and backwards in recordings is working flawlessly
including moving the cut-marks, sometimes there are a few block artifacts.
All in all it feels 'rock stable'. The picture is upscaled to 1080i and
looks much better than on eHD (Reel)."

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
  Roland

[1]
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board16-video-disk-recorder/board85-hdtv-dvb-s2/p994614-technotrend-premium-s2-6400-dual-hd-technik-features-ank%C3%BCndigungen/#post994614

--
Military intelligence is to intelligence what military music is to music