Am 14.07.2011 02:28, schrieb VDR User:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Luboš Doležel <lu...@dolezel.info> wrote:
>> Apart from simplifying the script to a single line I've found a solution:
>> I've tripled the size of the ring buffer in vdr-streamdev-server and the
>> problem is gone. No problems after hours of playback...
>
> Is there any reason why the ring buffer can't or shouldn't be dynamic
> aside of just not bothering to implement it?

Unlimited buffers tend to get unlimited big, crashing your app with
out-of-memory. Huge buffers also add lag to the signal. With no
bandwidth issues, buffers are usually almost empty, with bandwidth
issues, buffers are usually almost full.

In the end you set them as big as necessary, and as small as possible.
And giving them a fixed size (possibly configurable) is less
complicated, especially in a multi-threaded environment.

Cheers,

Udo