On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 04:42:47PM -0400, Saggi Mizrahi wrote:

> You are correct though that setting the logging level back or changing the
> amount of logs kept shouldn't be such a bothersome process and you should
> open a bug on that for VDSM and it will be fixed.

Since Bugzilla reports do not convert themselves to code, I would like
to give some background. Historically, Vdsm is "the thing that makes a
host part of RHEV", and it is thus responsible for non-conventional
stuff such as configuring libvirt logs and starting/stopping other
services.

Now that we develop upstream, our charter has changed a bit. Community
members may wish to run vdsm but not have the RHEV configuration for
other services.

We need to move host-config operation out of Vdsm and its vdsmd service,
and put it into our yet-empty vdsm-tool. This way we keep our downstream
supportability with upstream flexibility.

Regards,
Dan.