From: Claude Brisson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:31 AM
To: Velocity Users List
Subject: Re: Hashtable question

So it looks like you finally managed to achieve your
setup. Good to know!

Well, we prefer to talk about Maps than about Hashtables.
A Map is in fact pretty similar with the concept of array
in javascript or php (whereas in java arrays can only
have natural integer incides): it's a set of
correspondences between unique keys and values.

In Velocity, we call them Maps, and you will need to
install the lattest
(1.5-beta) version to be able to create them from inside
the templates.
Since it has just been released, it's not easy to find
but for now you can download it from here :
http://cvs.apache.org/dist/jakarta/velocity/v1.5beta1/vel
ocity-1.5-beta1.zip

Then, you can issue a "ant docs" in the build directory
to build the html docs locally (or wait a couple of days,
I'm pretty sure they'll be available soon online). You'll
find in them anything you ever wanted to know about maps
in velocity.

  Claude

Le vendredi 22 septembre 2006 à 15:54 -0700, Brenton
Strine a écrit :
> I'm familiar with javascript, but not Java or any other
programming
> languages. I want to learn how to use hashtables in
Velocity. Where
> can I find information telling me what a hashtable is
exactly and what
> can be done with it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Brenton