Tod Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

If you want to render the JSP and then include it, you must 'pull' it through
the JSP engine in the container.

The ImportTool just opens a file on disk and outputs it. So you will
get the JSP source code, not the rendered result.

It should actually be possible to use a combination of the
URLResourceLoader and #include() to get this to work. I can't tell you
from the top of my head, though. YMMV.

        Best regards
                Henning

>I am trying to implement a web application under Tomcat that uses JSP's
>originally created for another application.  The other application's
>JSP's are in the /html directory under its document root.

>Can I use the ImportTools $import.read("OtherDocRoot/html/legacy.jsp")
>to bring in the contents of legacy.jsp in my velocity template?  I've
>tried it and it isn't working.

>Tomcat seems to be loading the VelocityViewServlet correctly but when
>rendering the velocity based page I only see:

>$import.read("OtherDocRoot/html/legacy.jsp")

>instead of it bringing in the JSP and rendering its contents correctly.

>Any hints on the best way to debug this?

>Thanks - Tod

[EMAIL PROTECTED]        +49 9131 50 654 0   http://www.intermeta.de/

Social behaviour: Bavarians can be extremely egalitarian and folksy.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavaria
Most Franconians do not like to be called Bavarians.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franconia