On 9/29/06, Henning P. Schmiedehausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Tod Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

If you want to render the JSP and then include it, you must 'pull' it through
the JSP engine in the container.

The ImportTool just opens a file on disk and outputs it. So you will
get the JSP source code, not the rendered result.

No, not at all!   The Import tool is analogous to JSTL's import tag.
If the url you specify is absolute, then it opens a URLConnection to
the resource and grabs the content.  If it is relative, then it should
use the request dispatcher to get the content.  Both should give the
rendered result.

It should actually be possible to use a combination of the
URLResourceLoader and #include() to get this to work. I can't tell you
from the top of my head, though. YMMV.

        Best regards
                Henning

>I am trying to implement a web application under Tomcat that uses JSP's
>originally created for another application.  The other application's
>JSP's are in the /html directory under its document root.

>Can I use the ImportTools $import.read("OtherDocRoot/html/legacy.jsp")
>to bring in the contents of legacy.jsp in my velocity template?  I've
>tried it and it isn't working.

>Tomcat seems to be loading the VelocityViewServlet correctly but when
>rendering the velocity based page I only see:

>$import.read("OtherDocRoot/html/legacy.jsp")

>instead of it bringing in the JSP and rendering its contents correctly.

>Any hints on the best way to debug this?

>Thanks - Tod

[EMAIL PROTECTED]        +49 9131 50 654 0   http://www.intermeta.de/

Social behaviour: Bavarians can be extremely egalitarian and folksy.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavaria
Most Franconians do not like to be called Bavarians.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franconia