I find the command   findstr to work as an almost acceptable replacement for grep.  I use FOR    FINDSTR   ECHO  TYPE  commands extensively.  I have added the GNU windows release of grep and am looking to add gawk.  Cygwin is not on the systems yet but I haven't looked at calling scripts through that util yet.

John Trainer

"Spearman, David" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

12/07/2005 01:09 PM

"Chapman, Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Winter, Todd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
cc
Subject
RE: [Veritas-bu] Obtaining NB client host properties from command line

grep is not available on windows however one can download cygwin32 or posix windows/unix commands off the web. We use posix, works fine. Just make sure you path it.

David Spearman
County of Henrico, Va.