Title: Netbackup monitoring

Greg

We use Aptare Storage Console http://www.aptare.com/ and find it to be the best monitoring tool on the market.  We did an extensive POC bakeoff with (Symantec) CC Service, Bocada and Aptare.   Our NOC uses the command center dashboard in the product to monitor all masters.  Feel free to reply with your phone number if you want any details.

Monte

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hindle, Greg
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:14 PM
To: veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup monitoring

Solaris 9 nb5.1 mp4

Does anyone use external monitoring tools for netbackup?  We have many custom scripts created to perform some monitoring tasks but I have been tasked with looking for something that can automate allot of the monitoring without having to write a customer script for everything. Management also wants our NOC people to take over some of the monitoring for us to allow us to get to the real work instead of worry about upping drives or restarting failed jobs. Any ideas?

Greg

>>> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain legal,
professional or other privileged information, and are intended solely for the
addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not use the information
in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify the sender. CEG-IP2