bpimagelist returns with the "start time" of the image.
The image name contains the ctime of the start of the image.
Because of these reasons, I believe that "Freq is measured when the backup STARTS if you are using Freq based scheduling."
But I have no proof and I have read conflicting posts from users using different versions of Netbackup.

Again I ask for documentation from:
OpenVision
VERITAS Software
symantec

So, is it midnight on the first stoke of midnight or the last stroke of midnight?
I have been looking for said "official" documentation for almost a decade.

>>> Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 5/18/2006 9:08 AM >>>

Sorry, I had the INTERVAL and FREQ parts backwards and it was not very clear. The write-up below may make more sense:

Freq is measured when the backup ends if you are using Freq based scheduling. If you are using Interval mode scheduling when the backup ends does not matter. Its a bit confusing but as everyone knows there are only 2 types of schedules, calendar and freq. But if you chose freq based schedules then bpsched has 2 processing modes it can use and that is freq and interval. Here are a few snips from a verbose bpsched that shows this.

06:03:03 [2116.2240] <4> in_interval_mode: IN INTERVAL MODE

15:31:26 [1820.1800] <4> in_interval_mode: NOT INTERVAL MODE -- not an integral number of days
15:31:26 [1820.1800] <4> backup_due: using frequency-only mode

Hope that helps
Steve