Ok,  need some help from Oracle/Linux people here.

I am running an oracle backup using NB client 5.1 and Oracle client.  Our dba has created RMAN scripts to do hot backups of the databases.

I am wondering if the oracle client works like other database clients (exchange, sql)  in such that it will clear transaction logs after a good backup.

This message (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this message by someone other than the intended addressee or their designated agent is strictly prohibited. Information included in this message that does not relate to the specified business of Worknet shall be understood as neither given by nor endorsed by Worknet or its employees.  Any cost estimates or estimated quotes included in this message are considered non-binding estimates only and must not be considered final costs unless contained within an official proposal document.