You can split your portal and database servers. This will probably help
with both pieces if you're having performance issues. I have asked Aptare
about this and there are some users that have it in place, however we have
not yet had a need to do that. I have almost that many clients, but not
even close to that number of jobs/day. I'm running 6.0.24 and it handles
what I have fine on all one Solaris 9 server.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP
Sr. Data Assurance Engineer
(281) 584-4693
VeriCenter, Inc.

"Tharp, Trey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
11/07/2007 01:24 PM

<VERITAS-BU@mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] aptare forum?

We have just over 6500 clients and 35,000 jobs per day and our database
server is getting buried right now. We plan to upgrade it at the beginning
of next year and hope that will help with the response times and slowness.