From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Randy Doering
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:43 AM
To: Veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Full backup followed by a Differential = Another Full

Greetings,

Backup Client = Isilon NAS Unit - NDMP. NBU version is 6.5.3.

Did Complete Fulls, with all of the /ifs/projects/ areas in the Backup
Selection, starting on 11/26.

This past weekend I kicked off Differential Incrementals for the same Backup
Selections.

All of the areas in that /ifs/projects appeared to have completed as expected
except for one.

With this one (10+TBs, 1,643,099 files) during the backup NBU said it was doing
a Differential, but when it was all done, it had actually backedup everything
again.

I can go into Backup and Restore for this client, and choosing "show all
backups", it will show the Full that was started on 11/26 and will also show
the Differential  that was started on 12/6 with the same Modification date
(prior to 11/26) for each.

Wouldn't have noticed so much, but with it taking 4+ days and using 16 tapes,
has got me wondering about it.

If I kick off another Differential this coming weekend, I certainly don't want
to have yet another backup that gets all of the data once again.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Randy