From:   Pavel A Tsvetkov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Wednesday, March 14, 2007 02:09 AM Pacific Standard Time
To:     Jim Senicka; Veritas-ha@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject:        Re: Re: [Veritas-ha] Veritas Volume Replicator in Replicated
DataCluster question

Hello Jim!

Thank you for the answer. But if I have a choice for replication mode in
global cluster  it  can be useful to have the same thing in RDC.

Let it be not up-to-date data on the Secondary , but it is still
consistent. :)  So the application can be started.

And  we should take the bunker into consideration!   The bunker uses
synchronous connection with Primary SRL, so the asynchronous Secondary
site can have up-to-date data from the bunker.

So if we  use bunker and the bunker agent it is quite possible to take RDC
in asynchronous mode.

  With best regards, Pavel

>>We do not support an automatic failover to out of date secondary. So RDC
is sync only.  If you need async, you need to not treat the the
>replication like a shared disk, and instead treat it like replication.
Take a look at global cluster option, now part of VCS HA/DR edition