Yes always have 2 interconnect switches for sure. Also if you switch
interconnect to UDP for Oracle, it will still work with a few modifications
using 2 switches.

For me having 2 switches for public solved most networking blunders. IT is
"OK" cluster wise if the DG goes away. Traffic just stops, big deal. That is
the network teams issue. Have lived through it many times.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Jim Senicka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I would be more concerned about future failures being handled properly.
> If you were able to take out all networks from all nodes at same time,
> you have a SPOF. If this was a one time maintenance upgrade to your
> network gear and not a normal event, setting VCS to not respond to
> network events means that future cable or port issues will not be
> handled.
> If it is a common occurrence for all networks to be lost, perhaps you
> need to address the network issues :-)

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a stick" -
Jack London