On 29/04/2011, at 11.00, Bernd Schemmer wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is it possible to use different processes on the cluster nodes for
> monitoring a cluster resource?
>
> e.g.
>
> We do have an application running in the cluster.
>
> On one node the cluster should check if this process is running for
> monitoring the application
>
>     /opt/IBM/ITM_A/tmp/dbkrmtna41_or_AIS1DEQ2/kddsignl koragent
> kor11col AIS1DEQ2
>

> On the other node the process to check for this application is
>
>     /opt/IBM/ITM_A/tmp/dbkrmtna42_or_AIS1DEQ2/kddsignl koragent
> kor11col AIS1DEQ2
>

> Can this be done with "MonitorProcess"?
Sure, assign a specific path to your monitor resource and let each node symlink
this to local version to use,
eg. use /opt/IBM/ITM_A/tmp/current/kddsignl in MonitorProcess and then make
''ln -s /opt/IBM/ITM_A/<local version>  /opt/IBM/ITM_A/current"
where <local version> equals either tmp/dbkrmtna41_or_AIS1DEQ2 or
tmp/dbkrmtna42_or_AIS1DEQ2

> PS: I know that I can write a script and use MonitorProgram but I want
> to avoid this if possible. And no, the app does not write a PID file.
That's another way, use a wrapper script that figure out on which node it's
executing and then use the right version. But I'll prefer using the 'current'
symlink over this IMhO :)