From: veritas-ha-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-ha-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Bernd Schemmer
Sent: 29 April 2011 14:30
To: veritas-ha@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-ha] VCS - monitoring questions

Hi

Is it possible to use different processes on the cluster nodes for
monitoring a cluster resource?

e.g.

We do have an application running in the cluster.

On one node the cluster should check if this process is running for
monitoring the application

     /opt/IBM/ITM_A/tmp/dbkrmtna41_or_AIS1DEQ2/kddsignl koragent
kor11col AIS1DEQ2

On the other node the process to check for this application is

     /opt/IBM/ITM_A/tmp/dbkrmtna42_or_AIS1DEQ2/kddsignl koragent
kor11col AIS1DEQ2

Can this be done with "MonitorProcess"?

Does MonitorProcess support wildcards or regular expressions?

We run

# pkginfo -l VRTSvcs
    PKGINST:  VRTSvcs
       NAME:  Veritas Cluster Server by Symantec
   CATEGORY:  system
       ARCH:  sparc
    VERSION:  5.0
    BASEDIR:  /
     VENDOR:  Symantec Corporation
       DESC:  Veritas Cluster Server by Symantec
     PSTAMP:  Veritas-5.0MP3RP3-11/27/09-09:17:00
   INSTDATE:  Jul 12 2010 15:29
     STATUS:  completely installed
      FILES:      176 installed pathnames
                   21 shared pathnames
                    4 linked files
                   50 directories
                   90 executables
               149372 blocks used (approx)

on Solaris 10 (SPARC)

regards

Bernd

PS: I know that I can write a script and use MonitorProgram but I want
to avoid this if possible. And no, the app does not write a PID file.

--
Bernd Schemmer, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
http://bnsmb.de/

M s temprano que tarde el mundo cambiar .
                         Fidel Castro