I think you are wrong..

 the DMP component ALWAYS relies on the HBA driver, withouth HBA
driver there is no connectivity.  Sometimes the HBA drivers are
included in the base operating system (e.g. SUN branded Qlogic,
Emulex), and sometimes not.

 It can however replace the load balancing / failover
functionalities that some vendors have included in their HBA drivers.

 Also, I have never heard that  "DMP" would allow tape access, it is
only used as a failover / load balancing mechanism for disk I/O to
veritas disk devices.

 Greetings

 seb

 Quoting Jarkko Airaksinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hello,

As we all know the Veritas DMP can handle almost all FC SANs
without
using the HBA driver from the HBA provider.

However our tape drive doesn't work that way. I need to install the
HBA
driver to be able to find the tape drives and then take backups
through
the FC. The adapter is a QLogic 2310, driver qla2300. I'm about to
install the driver but I'm not exactly sure what to do with mpxio.
Perhaps I won't even need it as the tape drive has only one path
but
then again I might need to configure it anyway as
"mpxio-disable=yes".

The question is: how should I configure the mpxio so that I won't
break
anything?

-j-

La informacion incluida en el presente correo electronico es
CONFIDENCIAL, siendo para el uso exclusivo del/os destinatario/s
arriba mencionado/s. Si usted recibe y lee este correo electronico
no es el destinatario senalado, el empleado o el agente responsable

de entregar el mensaje al destinatario, o ha recibido esta
comunicacion por error, le informamos que esta totalmente prohibida

cualquier divulgacion, distribucion, uso o reproduccion del mismo,
le rogamos que nos lo notifique inmediatamente respondiendo al
mensaje original a la direccion arriba mencionada y eliminando el
mensaje a continuacion.

The information contained in this e-mail is CONFIDENTIAL and is
intended only for the use of the addressee named above.If the
reader
of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended
recipient, or you have received this communication in error, please

be aware that any diffusion, distribution or duplication of this
communication is strictly forbidden, and please notify us
immediately
by return to the original message at the address above eliminating
it
afterwards.

--
Sebastian Schönwetter

Open2 BVBA
Steenweg op Brussel 149
B-1780 Wemmel

Phone: +32 2 460 39 86
Fax: +32 2 460 88 49 Mobile +32 485 844 368
    TVA-BTW BE 0866 285 026 RPM Bruxelles
RPR Brussel