Hello,

Well... in that case DMP uses the driver binary directly but I haven't even
configured the HBA driver (wwn, device path etc) at all.

What I'm about to do is to configure the HBA driver for some other multipathing
software as well which means that another program (like SAN4.4.x / mpxio) will
be accessing the driver & the adapter. However before doing that I thought I'd
first ask you whether this "hack" will break anything. Has anyone done this
kind of setup before?

That's exactly why I'm doing this; DMP can't use tape drives so I need
something else to do the task.

Br,

Jarkko