> Hi folks -- I lost my vxvm(3.5)  metadata  on my encapsulated root disk
> and hence have booted the system(Solaris 9) without vxvm loaded and the
> Filesystems in OS slices as opossed to VxVM objects.(by making appropriate
> changes to /etc/system and /etc/vfstab)
>
> Is there any way I can retrieve the lost private data from the saved
> outputs(prioir to the disaster struck) of vxprint -htg rootdg ?

It's not so much that you can retrieve the private data as using the
vxprint may allow you to create new VxVM objects in the exact location
as the old objects.  If this is done, all the data should be there.

This is a bit trickier with encapsulated disks.  Was there something in
rootdg other than the OS?

Usually I use rootdg only for the OS, allowing me to simply recreate it
without worring about losing data.

--
Darren Dunham                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]