Hi Arjun,

Is there any reason why you cannot encapsulate the root disk one more time??
What caused the problem??

Essentially the reason you need to encapsulate the root disk is to mirror
it. Re-encapsulate, reboot and mirror should work.

The technote for recovering DG's is

http://entkb.symantec.com/security/output/a180321.html

But your is a rootdg, I have never recovered a rootdg using the procedure.

Regards,
PP BIJU KRISHNAN