________________________________

Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von
Khurram Tariq
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2007 15:23
Betreff: Re: [Veritas-vx] Resize problem

Agreed but I can also evacuate Disk_1 if I had enough free space on
Disk_160. This is why I'm decreasing the volume by 2GB so I can have
sufficient unused space on Disk_160 & a subdisk can be created there to
accomodate Disk_1's evacuation. The output of vxdg free is:

$ vxdg -g oraappdg free
DISK         DEVICE       TAG          OFFSET    LENGTH    FLAGS
oraappdg01   Disk_0       Disk_0       85946368  1792      -
oraappdg02   Disk_1       Disk_1       85946368  1792      -
oraappdg03   Disk_11      Disk_11      106917888 1792      -
oraappdg04   Disk_12      Disk_12      44003328  1792      -
oraappdg05   Disk_160     Disk_160     335511984 83883344  -
oraappdg06   Disk_161     Disk_161     0         419395328 -

Disk_1 has 896KB free (99% used), this is why its showing up in the
output above.

What do you guys advise? I dont want to use Disk_161 and then have a
200GB disk stuck in that volume.

Regards,
Khurram