[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 09:21:54AM +0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Hi ,
>>
>> Could any one advise me, what are parameters should recommended for oracle
>> DB VxFs filesystems in order to achieve best performance?
>>

> I asked similar question last year. Look into archive:
> http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-vx/2006-October/012363.html

For best performance, I would recommend installing the Database Edition
(DBED aka Veritas Foundation for Oracle) and enabling ODM. Also, tune
your Oracle cluster size to be about the size of your stripe unit if
possible.

To be honest, though, the bulk of the performance improvements can be
had by tuning the application and indexes. Different indexes can help a
huge amount. (table organized or whatever - depending upon application).