VxDMP and PP can co-exist on the same server:

http://eval.veritas.com/mktginfo/products/White_Papers/Storage_Server_Management/sf_dmp_wp.pdf

PP has EMC specific load balancing algorithms specific to their
arrays. I believe ASL's for EMC arrays do not have array specific
optimised versions of load balancing.