-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Romeo
Theriault
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 3:21 PM
To: veritas-vx@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-vx] Remove rootmirror disk to patch solaris os ?

Hello, I've read a few places on the internet that a fairly easy and
straight forward way to safetly break your rootdisk  mirroring for
purposes of patching the Solaris OS, is to turn off your machine and
remove your root-mirror drive from the machine. Boot off of your
rootdisk, do your patching and if everything goes ok, put your
rootmirror drive back in the machine, vxattach it back into the mirror.
If the patching fails for some reason power down the machine, remove the
rootdisk drive put in the rootmirror drive and boot then put the
rootdisk drive and have it resync off of the rootmirror disk.

Is this a supported way of rolling back from patching?  Is there any
documentation that thoroughly describes the process?

It certainly seems much easier than the documenation I've read from
Symantec that explains how to remove the rootmirror entirely from a
software level.

Thank you for any pointers in this matter.

Romeo