-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of A Darren
Dunham
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 5:24 PM
To: Veritas-vx@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-vx] Remove rootmirror disk to patch solaris os ?

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 03:47:25PM -0400, Hudes, Dana wrote:
> While you could do a root mirror break-off, I'd rather use Live
Upgrade
> with Solaris. That way you build up the new boot environment and then
> boot onto it. If you want to patch, you use LU and the same OS level
on
> both sides. Then you patch the inactive boot environment from the
active
> BE, then activate the other BE and reboot onto it.

While LU is cool, I didn't think it understood VxVM root encapsulated
disks in any useful way.

And if the OP doesn't have VxVM root, then this technique isn't
applicable anyway.

--
Darren Dunham                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]