And don't forget svn over ssh like this:

On the server:

svnadmin create /Users/shared/Subversion/MyRepository (Or "Create
Local Repository" in Versions)

URL for Versions:

svn+ssh://<LocalIP>/Users/shared/Subversion/MyRepository

As a user and password you can use any user/password combination valid
on the server. Make sure you have "Remote Login" enabled in sharing.

You can even access this pretty secure (SSH2 encryption) from the
outside world if you forward port 22 on your router to the local
server ip, but make sure you exactly understand the security risks
involved before doing this.

- Koen