On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Matt <m...@stoptimestudio.com> wrote:

> So if you want to keep a copy of the folder before it's gone, best to copy
> it over to a backup or some other place on your computer.

You don't really need to do this because you can always export the old
folder out of the repository if/when you need it.

There may be a more svn-like way to do this, but this has worked for
> me when I've needed it.

I think copying .svn directories into other folders on your own without
svn's knowledge is eventually going to end up ruining your working copy if
you're not careful.
This situation usually comes up when you are using a 3rd party library or
framework, but you can't use svn:externals to manage it.  I started to
explain how to do this, but I think this page of the svn book does a better
job than I could do: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s04.html

-Ray