The way to do this right now, is to group several bookmarks in a
folder and collapse it in the bookmarks list.

Any indicators that aren't visible will not be updated.

This may seem convoluted, since many people will want to organize
their bookmarks by category (like e.g. applications, frameworks and
websites) and not by groups of repositories that belong to one catgory
of work they do.

A major drawback of offering an active/inactive-toggle per bookmark is
that it adds an additional layer of administrative work to dealing
with bookmarks that (I think) most Versions users don't need. It's
easy to forget that which bookmarks are active, so we would have to
indicate their active/inactive status in the bookmarks list itself
(one idea: by graying out the icons when inactive. another one: do
something similar to what Mail.app does to indicate an account is
offline, but that's way too much clutter imho.). Regardless of what
kind of indication we go for, this feature will require us to add some
extra visual clutter to the bookmarks list.

All that being said, we'll look into this. :)

Cheers,
- Dirk

the Versions team