I totally agree. I write mostly Java at work, and the deep package hierarchies lead to lots of folders and few files being changed. Additionally, command-clicking to (de)select works, but doesn't scale so well when it's hard to tell whether a file is 7 or 8 levels deep, if 2 that are 10-20 rows apart are on the same level, etc. (Even in changed view, which is my usual mode as well.) Also, if you want to commit everything in a hierarchy except one file, it's a pain to select everything but. I'm not lazy, but it's a lot of work, and Noah is correct that one mis-click can cause you to start over. Right now, the selection mechanism is essentially equivalent to providing all the path names you want to commit on the command line. Obviously, that model works, but it doesn't scale near as well, and a GUI should make things easier than Terminal, not "as easy as".

There are certainly higher-priority features, but this one would be quite nice. I'm of the opinion that Versions should make SVN commits at least as easy the Eclipse plugins. After all, Eclipse isn't exactly the paramount of simplicity and usability — it's key strengths are flexibility and extensibility. (This isn't the place to talk about its weaknesses...) :-)

 - Quinn