Sure, I can tell a little bit about that:

We use Trac for internal tickets, and a gmail account for support and
customer service.

The gmail account for support may sound silly, but we actually use
Tender (tenderapp.com) on another project (and have experimented with
other systems) and have found it easier to keep tabs on conversations
and quickly get back to our customers using the gmail account. Less
fancy metrics, but also less friction to get a clear overview and
punch out a reply.

We have our own custom systems to gather and analyze crash reports and
software update statistics, and other custom systems to handle sales,
licensing and registration, which are integrated with Versions'
product website (where you can buy a copy, but also retrieve a lost
license key).

Finally, we don't have any automated system for feature request voting
and instead manually weigh and keep track of popular feature requests.
I'm not a big fan of public voting forums, because I believe they can
raise false expectations as well as get in the way of having more
intricate conversations.

The thing we're trying to replace particularly is Google groups.
Mostly because Google is slowly removing features from it and have
already more or less abandoned ship. We'd like to find a better home
for this community of Versions user before Google groups becomes
entirely impossible to use.

I hope that gives some insight :)

All the best,
- Dirk