I've never used Perforce. It might help to describe the functionality you're
looking for.

Versions has a toggle switch in the upper right corner to choose between
displaying all files in the working copy, and only files with uncommitted
changes. The latter view also includes files which have not yet been added to
source control, or hidden via an svn:ignore directive.

To elaborate on David's answer, if you haven't selected any files in the
working copy when you press Commit, Versions assumes you want to commit all
changed files. If some of your changed files are selected, then only those
files will be included in the commit, and the rest can be dealt with separately.

Thanks,

  -nat

--
Nathaniel Irons