SVN does have changelist 
capabilities: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.6/svn.ref.svn.c.changelist.html

At my old job I used Perforce which is based around changelists.  They are 
exposed in its GUI, P4V 
(http://www.perforce.com/product/components/perforce_visual_client).  I 
miss this feature of SVN when working in the Versions GUI.  They help to 
logically group the different things that you're working on locally before 
committing your work (Feature A, Bug Fix X).  Of course, Git does a better 
job at this than SVN or Perforce, but unfortunately not all workplaces are 
so enlightened :)

So, +1 to GUI support for changelist support in Versions. For now, I'll 
stick with the command line for this feature.  Otherwise, Versions does a 
great job of making SVN easy to use.



On Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:23:45 AM UTC-8, David Dunham wrote:
>
> Matt Foster wrote:
>
> > Thanks, David. I'm used to using Perforce at work, and have found this
> > functionality in Tortoise as well, so I was hoping there was a similar
> > solution.
>
> I certainly don't recall that, Tortoise was pretty awesome but didn't add 
> new features to Subversion. Maybe you are asking for something slightly 
> different?
>
> (Perforce changelists essentially let you group files into named lists 
> while they're checked out. I assume you're mapping "modified" to "checked 
> out," since Subversion doesn't really have a checkout concept.)
>
> David Dunham      http://a-sharp.com      Twitter: @ASharpLLC
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Versions" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/versions/-/I-03OEqFsowJ.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/versions?hl=en.

Reply via email to