Sadly, I upgraded to Lion.

If I create a local folder with new files in it and try to ADD in
Versions to my repository I get a message that the file is "locked" or
something like... "already under version control".

A friend of mine who is more "command-liney" pointed out that if I
Terminal to that folder there is already a .svn folder in there and to
delete it.

Which I tried with "rm .svn" Which didn't work... just kept saying...
"That's' a directory Dumb A!"

Of course admittedly, I'm not great at going into the command line and
doing much. CD, LS, and a little VI stuff with copious notes is my
skill level. I like UIs. They're friendly!

So, I did some googling and I found that Lion's new versioning BS will
lock files so you don't accidentally delete them. Furthermore, Time
Machine has an option to LOCK any files not touched in the last two
weeks. I have to say I'm increasingly perturbed at the controlling
attitude Apple seems to have towards their users.

I turned off Time Machines lock option... still I don't see why it
would effect files I JUST created... I have no idea what's going
on.... any pointers?

Thanks