"Some time ago I was brought back to earth by an incident in one of my
fishing schools. I usually show a movie call 'The Way of the Trout,'
which concludes with a strong please for catch-and-release fishing.
right after the final dramatic scene, which ends with the release of a
large rainbow trout, an eleven-year-old boy impulsively jumped up and
said, "I wouldn't let that fish go!' As he sat down, a little
embarrassed, he explained,'I wouldn't let that fish go. I've never
caught a fish that big.' In the awkward silence that followed, I
realized that most of the people in that room - and, for that matter, he
vast majority of anglers - wouldn't have let that fish go, either. I
don't remember exactly what I said to that class and to that young man,
but I do remember feeling awfully inadequate."

Mel Kreiger in "The Essentials of Fly Fishing"

JIMMY D. MOORE    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

North Zone Fishing Editor - Texas Fish & Game Mag,
Author - Moon Holler Misfits Fishing & Hunting Club,
Humorist, Past VP Guadalupe River Trout Unlimited,
Member TOWA, Retired Scout Exec. BSA.