The Gudebrod C-Thru product arrived yesterday, and I have been playing
with the material.  If you took the standard braided nylon material
used for making loops, and scaled it down using smaller diameter nylon
fibers, then you can visualize the product.

The braided loop material is commonly available in 35-pound and 50-pound test.

The C-Thru material is 25yd. spools of 17, 8, or 6 pound.  I ordered
the 8 and 6.

The breaking strength listing is very deceptive, as I haven't been
able to break the 8 pound test with my hands.  It is very sturdy
stuff, tightly braided.

The 8 pound is .019 diameter, and about 1/16", about the same as many
butt sections of leaders.  Indeed, you could easily have a quick
substitute for a furled leader butt using this stuff.

The 6 pound test is .015 diameter, about 50% thicker than 1/32".

I am not sure what types and sizes of dacron are used for blind eye
hooks, but the C-Thru would make a very good alternative.

The source for the material, available in single spools, is Land of Odds:

6-pound C-Thru
http://www.landofodds.com/servlet/Detail?no=28074

8-pound C-Thru
http://www.landofodds.com/servlet/Detail?no=28075

17-pound C-Thru
http://www.landofodds.com/servlet/Detail?no=28076

If anybody has further questions, just contact me offline.

Wes Wada
Bend, Oregon