Jim

Not quite as cheap but...
try you local salerooms for second hand furniture and get a writing bureau
bookcase
this ones on English eBay
Item No. 160329244098 (Cut and paste number into eBay search bar)
plenty of storage foldaway work top and bookcase all in one place.

With the recession there should be more of this sort of thing turning up at
auction houses

I came home to find my Edwardian solid walnut bureau full of fly tying gear
been emptied onto the floor and moved downstairs by Linda.  I now have a modern
oak one in my office as a tying desk, it just not as nice...

iain

Here is an article I found regarding building a budget fly tying station.

Here is the Link: http://www.tvangler.com/?p=228

Cutting boards available at Walmart

Jim