Reuven, i've twisted my own many times. i have lots of it from different
sources.....mostly old gut leader material, which is not hard to find if you
know where to go. Antique Tackle Road Show is one good source. That's my pal
Bob Selb. He does all the east coast shows and always has plenty of old leader
material. i have enough to last me a lifetime now.....but since i started using
the Alex Hayes hooks, which have the biggest diameters i've ever used.....i
needed something more substantial to match up with those hooks. And that's when
i went to the (old/antique), gut musical instrument strings. But the tennis
racquet material is very cool as well. i know a few Atlantic Salmon fly tyers,
Judy Lehmberg, Marvin Nolte, etc., who've actually raised the silkworms and
harvested the gut to get it "from scratch" and then pull the strands and twist
that. But that's a pain in the ass.......because you have to also go out and
buy the leaves they eat and they only eat ONE very special type of leaves, and
keep the worms in just the right temps. Not worth the hassel. There's a huge
source of silkworm gut out here............it's called ebay.  You just keep
your ears and eyes peeled.....you'll find what you need.