>The C&F vise gives me a "dentist" or "brain surgery" tool
>impression... almost a sterilized or scientific look. It's a vise
>that fits the clean bench of a bacteriology professor (beside his
>electron microscope), not on a messy tying bench with piles of hair
>patches and bird skins. I<snip> A Barracuda or a Dingo vise
>would almost make him look like the bacteriology professor student,
>sitting at home doing his homework using something his father
>borrowed from his work at Caterpillar Inc. LOL

NICK,  I LOVED YOUR ANALOGY!

I feel the same about the LAW vice - only one reason to own it:  Snob
Appeal.  I prefer the cheapest good quality vise that is comfortable
to me.  Which means many people find different vises most comfy.  And
that's good.  (For the economy)

BTW - Not putting this out on the list, but I may be incommunicado
for a few days - I have a sister in Louisiana (12-hour drive) whose
body is shutting down.  Of course, only God can set the time frame on
that.  So I don't know just when we'll be leaving.

cheers.

uncle a.
--
Allan Fish