From: Joyce Westphal <westpha...@gmail.com>
Subject: [VFB] re: harvesting starling
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 8:34 PM

I don't have, but wish I did, A. K. Best's book on harvesting skins and furs.
If any of you have it, kindly look inside and see how to best skin a starling.
My friend gave me three of these and the one was so badly  shot up that I was
able to save very little of the skin. I am wondering how is best to skin a tin
starling so as to keep the skin intact. Do you make the incision  down the back
of the bird? If upi  know the title of the book,kindly email me as well and
I'll see if I can pick up one used. Thanks for your help. Joyce