From: Peter Gramp <pete.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VFB] First Edition Fly Fishing Books
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 11:26 AM

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Anthony Spezio <bambot...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Mart,
I have not heard of the Midge book. Who is the author, would it be Takahasi'.

I have not heard of that name.
Tony I'm not Mart, but I'll chip in my 2 cents: It is called "Modern Midges:
Tying & Fishing the World's Most Effective Patterns", by Rick Takahashi and
Jerry Hubka.
(the Takahashi was missing an H at the end previously, in case you googled it)

My 2 cents are that it is a great book for any and all things midge (eh,
chironomids - midge, larvae, AND adult)
I think the pattern count that was promoted was 1013 patterns? something
unworldly like that - but it isn't just a tying pattern book.  Case in point,
the last 40-something pages are a sort of "tips and tricks from
pros, panel discussion" of sorts - quite worth it for that alone.

There are some 'sample pages' sites out there - assuming OK to post a link here
(not just 'ok by the list rules' but 'ok by the copyright rulings and
such'):http://www.flytyingclips.com/takahashi/katonk.html
Amazon (no affiliation obviously) has it
here:http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Midges-Fishing-Effective-Patterns/dp/1934753009/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250039910&sr=1-1#reader
Absolutely NO affiliation, but I think Angler's Roost has some agreement or
something, so they can get you a signed copy.  (Rick is the guy in the photo at
the link below)
http://www.anglers-roost.com/Contact/index.htm
Just my opinions, and just trying to help you out.Tight wraps,
-Pete