From: Martin Westbeek <martinwestb...@planet.nl>
Subject: Re: [VFB] First Edition Fly Fishing Books
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 12:22 PM

Yes,
Sorry for the typo. It is Rick Takahashi. He
contacted me some 2 years ago and asked me to contribute some midge patterns
for
a book he was doing. So I tied and sent him some patterns, and sortof
forgot about the whole thing. Recently he emailed me and told me that the book
was ready, so I ordered it, along with Valla's Catskill book. I was *very*
pleasantly surprised when I saw both books.
The Midge book is an encyclopedia of midge biology,
midge tying and fishing, chapters on materials nicely divided into patterns for
the various stages.
And the Valla Catskill book was just as nice and
informative, with lots of photos of the giants of the Catskill flies, their
patterns, and the historic waters.
Mart