Yes, I think I did meet you, but I'm not sure which show it was.   The first
time I attended, I just walked through an open door  with my 12 year old son (I
guess the usher had gone to the bathroom).  I looked around into the relatively
empty hallways  and wondered "Where are all of the people?"   Then I scanned
the room and saw Joan Wulff, Gary Borger, Denny Rickards, Jack Dennis,  and
Mike Lawson walking around and  thought,  "I can't believe there aren't any
people at this show!"   Then I heard somebody ask  me what I was doing there.
Luckily, it  wasn't an usher, but a neighbor who was working the booth of a
local computer business that had developed a database for fly shops.  He
explained that this was a "dealers only" show, and that if anybody saw me
without an ID lanyard, I would be kicked out.  But he also said he had some
extra ID cards  we could use.

The name on the ID I used  was "Bill" something, and I think my son was someone
named "Sally" but other than having people call me by the wrong name, I didn't
have any trouble. In fact,  I told most of them my real name as well as the
story, and they all said they would have done the same thing to get into a good
fly fishing show.

I finally found Tony (this was our first meeting).  He got me hooked up with a
real ID and I think I dropped by every night during the show.  As luck would
have it,  I was there when the show shut down and got huge bargains fly tying
materials and books from vendors who didn't want to haul their inventory home.
I also got a bunch of books at cost, many of them signed by the author.

I came back every year after that with similar results and more great visits
with Tony.  It was a grand time, and I wish the show would come back to SLC.

I'm sure  I saw you at the show where the pictures you posted were taken, in
fact, you might have handed your camera to me to take the picture of you and
Tony.   Tony took me around to meet the VFB members at the show.

Tom