Boy, Bob this is really a personal preference type of thing.  I started on a
Thompson A vise, then to a Renzetti Traveler and then a Regal.  A few years
ago I bought a NorVise.  I have tied on a few others.  Each seems to have
its particular strength and weakness.  If you enjoy your vise, don't
change.  If it no longer suits your needs there are lot's of vises and
opinions.  I think Hans W. did a fine article a few years back on vises that
I think you could find on the internet.  The best thing to do if you want to
make a change is to find a full service shop that has several of the vises
that you are considering and ask to tie on them.  Many will let you sit down
and try them out (at least mine did).  Lacking that if there is a tying
group in your area find out when they meet and sit with them and tie on
theirs.  It's the best way to decide, especially if you are thinking of
stepping up to a much more expensive vise.

Mike

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Bob Scarbrough <a69ju...@hotmail.com>wrote:

>  I have a general question about vises.  Whats the differences between the
> lower priced (100 and below) and the higher priced models?  I am thinking of
> upgrading but dont know if I need to, I have a Danvise and like it, course
> its the only one Ive owned so I dont know any different.
>
> Bob Scarbrough
> a69ju...@hotmail.com

Mike Bliss
Aloha from Hawaii