http://tubeflyjournal.wordpress.com/2010/01/27/save-your-tube-fly-system-the-beginning/person
 or entity to which

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 23, 2010, at 10:29 AM, Wes Wada <wada....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi VFB,

I've never seriously fished with tube flies, though have tied a few.  Lately I
have run into some applications where tube fly tying would be an asset.

Descriptions of tube flies always tout that in trying to catch a fish, you can
break the hook off the tippet without losing the fly.

I can see that, if the fly floats, but if the fly is tied onto a metal tube, I
assume the fly just sinks and you lose it anyway?

Does anyone have tips on how to retain the tube portion of the fly even though
the hook breaks off the tippet?

Thanks,

Wes Wada
Bend, Oregon