Mike: Get ready, including getting your waders, fly vest, pole together, fly
tied on etcect, ready to walk out the door in other words, and say "See, I'm
already ready LOL... Speaking of this, this is the ONLY reason I don't like my
wife going fishing with me She takes FOREVER. Not just getting ready, but When
I get ready to go fishing, I am "ready to go fishing".

And it does take a lot of preparation  when we go out in the boat and fish on
the lake. The  trolling motor has to be charged, the extra trolling motor put
into the boat. Double check to make sure the plug is in the boat,l the life
vest are in, the bilge pump is in, the oars are in etc.
Then,we have a grey tub that has tools, our fly vests when not in use, extra
boxes of flies, DEET, extra leaders, tippet material, snacks, meds, first aid
kit, etc ect

Then there is the getting the rods ready with the reels, leaders, tippets and
flies.

BUT, here's the problem. We have a "check list" that includes all of the above,
down to the last detail as to what we need, cause we used to forget things all
the time. And my wife always says. "Chuck. don't lift that heavy battery,
motor, grey tub (it weighs about 75 pounds LOL.. Cooler etc, me and the boys
will get it for you". Well, the boys aren't too interested in fishing lately
since they both have girlfriends now, so they are lolly gagging around, and I'm
ready to hit the lake, so I'm running around like a mad man, while my wife is
taking her time, making sure the cooler, snacks etc are just "so so".

Then, we get to the lake, and the two straps that hold the boat to the trailer
have to be undone, the gray tub and cooler put from the back of the van into
the boat. The rods put from the van to the boat. And on and on. Now, my wife
gets things done alright, but "in her time". So, I'm already exhausted from the
deal at the house. Now, I'm doing all the things above and am backing the boat
into the water to launch it "by myself if need be".. I tie the rope that goes
from the bow of the boat to the bumper of the van, back down till the boat
floats off the trailer, then pull forward till the rope tightens up and it
pulls the front of the boat to the water's edge, jump out, tie the boat off to
a tree or a big rock, then go park the van, lock it up, then haul buggy back to
the boat, ready to go fish LOL.. Man, I'm tired just typing this LOL

All in all, it IS a great thing to have a wife who likes to do things like this
with you, so I wouldn't trade any of the differences in speed of readiness for
anything.. Chuck